You’ve made all the way through the A-Z Window Treatment lessons! Ready for a Quiz?
1. Narrow tubular pleats, used on stationery panels
2. Sheer under curtains that hang next to the window
3. A flat paneled fabric shade that folds up into accordion pleats
4. A drapery header with a series of large cylindrically shaped pleats
5. Decorative fabric sashes that hold drapery panels open
6. A fabric shade that pulls up into soft swags
7. A very full fabric shade often sewn with inverted pleats between each swag
8. Sewn to form a reverse box pleat
9. An milky looking layer sewn inside a drapery to block light
10. A shallow decorative box designed to conceal drapery hardware
11. Decorative embellishment attached to each end of a curtain rod
12. A large cornice piece that entirely frames a window
13. A fabric window topper typically 12 to 18 inches long
14. A channel sewn to the top or bottom of a curtain
15. A window treatment of fabric swathed over the top of a window
16. Short curtains hanging from a curtain rod
17. The place on each side of a window where a drapery folds back when fully opened
18. Length from the front of a drapery rod back to the wall
19. A cascade of fabric hanging down the sides of a window
A. Pencil pleats
B. Goblet pleats
C. Roman Shade
D. Glass curtains
E. Inverted pleats
F. Blackout lining
H. Roman shade
I. Balloon shade
J. Austrian shade
Q. Café curtains
R. Rod pocket
By definition contemporary means living or existing at the same time, modern or of or about the same age or date. Contemporary drapery hardware by definition would be sleek, modern, shiny our even something that looks ahead of its time. Since we have been in the business, about 20 years, we have seen styles come and go. But one style has always been a good seller and could be just the right fit for you. If you are someone that likes clean line and cutting edge design then you are a candidate for some of more modern hardware lines. Most often this drapery hardware will consist of simple and clean lined finial designs on some sort of simple tubing. Finishes most often associated with contemporary drapery hardware would be a brushed nickle our polished chrome. Since there are so many ways to create this modern and contemporary it often is best to consult with a window fashion professional staff her at Continental Window Fashions. We will help you with the making the right decision selecting your contemporary hardware. Here are some quick links to some of our more popular collections:
As always you can call us for a free over the phone consultation with one of our on staff designers. 1-866-375-4500
Continental Window Fashions is now featuring Vesta Drapery Hardware and Accessories, an extensive line of decorative hardware designs to suit even the most particular of tastes. Vesta features solid brass, genuine wrought iron, stainless steel, crystal, premium wood, marble, ceramics and resin and is considered to be the most modern of drapery hardware.
Most Vesta hardware items are imported from overseas bringing the modern European drapery hardware look here to the United States. Vesta Drapery Hardware and Accessories offers a vast array of modern drapery hardware products including drapery rods, drapery rings, decorative finials, tiebacks, rosette kits, drapery wands, traverse curtain rod systems and so much more.
Looking for a high end traverse drapery? Vesta’s Techno Track collection is hand-traversedand designed with extensive one-way draws in mind. The collection’s Techno brackets support the aluminum extruded tracking from above allowing all gliders unfettered access across the entire bottom rail of the track. Most items are stocked and available for quick shipping.
How can you finish off your rods? Vesta’s Crystal Magic collection exudes the kind of high elegance that inspires awe. These finials represent the opulent eye-catching sparkle of high-leaded French crystal. All finials are precision hand-cut and available in a variety of rich colors and six base finishes. Designed as newel post toppers, they may also be used as drapery finials on 2″ (Imperial Rome) and 2 1/4″ (Highland Timber) diameter rods. Vesta’s Crystal Magic collection exudes the kind of high elegance that inspires awe. These finials represent the opulent eye-catching sparkle of high-leaded French crystal. All finials are precision hand-cut and available in a variety of shapes, rich colors and six base finishes.
Continental Window Fashions is a dream come true for window designers and any home or business owner seeking to add beauty and elegance to their windows Vesta Drapery Hardware and Accessories is among the finest in the industry and Continental Window Fashions is proud to present this collection of high quality drapery hardware to their customers. With free shipping on orders of $100 or more and 9am – 5pm customer support, Monday- Friday, Continental Window Fashions strives to make your ordering process as simple as possible. Online ordering is available or you may call us toll free at 866-375-4500 to place your order over the phone