There’s no need to redo your home for the holidays. A few simple touches will make your space warm and inviting. By adding red and soft green tones a living room and adjoining dining room will become cozy and intimate for the for the holiday season. By adding just the right decorations in just the right colors, these two rooms are suffused with a fresh and exciting holiday spirit.
Here’s how to create a joyful atmosphere in any room:
1. Use area rugs to lend warmth and create a nice foundation for holiday decorations. The high quality decorative rugs from MOMENI, Milliken and rug pads by JADE come in hundreds of accent rug styles, shapes and colors to fit any decor. Whether your home is in need of contemporary rugs, traditional rugs, children’s rugs or anything else in between, you will find a decorative rug that will fit in perfectly.
2. Layer window treatments to make a room cozier. Umbra Serif Double Curtain Rod Systems are a complete telescoping double drapery rod system in one package. Each set includes 2 rods, 3 brackets and mounting hardware, allowing sumptuous drapes to encase your windows.
3. Add winter themed shades or a garland of juniper branches embellished with greenery and sugared berries on a chandelier.
4. Dress up an existing corner plant with a few strings of small lights.
5. Show off your fireplace with a collection of brass candlesticks and ivory candles with juniper around the bases.
6. Exchange framed art above a fireplace for a holiday wreath of juniper, sugared berries and glass ornaments.
7. Repeat some of the elements to pull the room together. By spreading an accent color around the room and choose holiday decorations that go well together you will have a cohesive look that will welcome your guests. Try to use the same greens and accents throughout a space such as sugared berries and glass ornaments on garlands, wreaths and in bowls.